Luxury Garage Conversions For Additional Space
Do you need more living space in your home? The cost of moving to a new house is off-putting for many homeowners once you factor in removal fees, conveyancing, stamp duty, estate agents costs and many hidden extras. If you’re not tempted by the hassle or the price-tag of moving, why not consider a luxury garage conversion instead? To find out more, book a free consultation with Bigger Homes today on 01268 553648 to explore how this could transform your property.
What are the Benefits of Garage Conversions?
- Increase resell value – a high quality garage conversion can increase your property’s resell value by as much as 10%. Whether you’re hoping to stay there for the long term, or are hoping to move on, this project is a great return on investment.
- Stylish new accommodation – if you only use your garage as a dumping ground for tools and old possessions, now is the time to integrate it into a luxury new room for the entire family to enjoy. You can always use a shed to house any clutter, or just use your garage conversion project as a great opportunity to have a clear-out.
- Non-intrusive project – most of the work involved in a garage conversion project takes place within the four walls of the garage itself. You won’t be affected by any noise or dust in the rest of your property.
- Don’t lose garden space – if your garage is integral, then you won’t need to give up any of your garden to increase the footprint of your home.
Ideas for Garage Conversions
Are you interested in adding one of these spectacular garage conversion projects to your home? Choose from:
- Feature kitchen or reception room
- Man cave or teen den
- Children’s play space
- Study for homeworking
- Cinema room
- Guest accommodation
- Garden room
If your idea isn’t listed here, feel free to get in touch with Bigger Homes to explore your dream project in more detail.
How Much Space Does A Garage Conversion Add?
The size and position of your garage will impact how much space you can gain. To give you an idea, a single garage should add as much as 14 sqm, whilst a double can provide up to 28 sqm, or possibly more if you add a room above it too.
Bigger Homes will talk you through your available options, depending on whether your existing garage is attached, integral or detached. The possibilities for your garage conversions Leigh-on-Sea project will depend on factors such as:
- Wall shared with your home
- Plumbing and electrical installation
Permitted Development or Planning Permission?
Often, a garage conversion project will fall within permitted development regulations. Formal planning permission can often be sidestepped unless:
- Your home has previously been extended
- There’s a lack of parking at your home
- A property covenant states the garage must be retained for parking
Why Choose Bigger Homes?
Bigger Homes are proud to be regarded as the top provider of garage conversions in Leigh-on-Sea due to our quality of service and excellent standards of craftsmanship. The majority of our work comes through recommendations and repeat customers, and you can see examples in the Gallery and Testimonial sections of our site.
To arrange a FREE quote, check out our Garage Conversion Cost Calculator and follow up by booking a detailed consultation with Bigger Homes on 01268 553648.